Family law consists of a range of legal matters that can include divorces, adoptions, paternity cases, custody modifications, child support modifications and enforcement actions, and abuse/neglect actions filed by the Department of Children and Families. This page will provide information and resources for individuals involved in a family law case.
- Okaloosa-Walton Shared Parenting Plan: This form is the starting point for courts in Okaloosa and Walton Counties as they assess parents’ rights to timesharing with children and parental responsibilities.
- Okaloosa County Clerk of Court: The clerk’s website provides access to some Okaloosa County court records, information on domestic violence injunctions and filing fees.
- Walton County Clerk of Court: The clerk’s website provides information on Walton County courts, including records, court services, marriage licenses and other court information.
- Florida Department of Children and Families: Among other services, DCF seeks to protect children who are reported as being abused, abandoned or neglected. DCF social workers remove children from homes that are not safe, and place those children in an appropriate home until the parent(s) have either worked through a case plan that is designed to reunify the child with the parent(s), or until another suitable home can be located for the child. Where reunification is not possible, DCF seeks permanency for children through adoption services.
- Florida Courts Self-Help Information: Access local self-help centers, free and low-cost legal aid, and family law forms for use in a number of family-related situations.
- The Florida Bar: A referral service is offered by the Florida Bar for those seeking an attorney for representation in a legal matter.